Are Pita Chips Gluten-Free?
Pita Chips are generally made with wheat flour and are not gluten-free, however, there are certain brands of gluten-free Pita Chips available that are made with substitute ingredients. The brand we are going to look at is Toufayan and they have many gluten-free Pita Chip flavors available.
Toufayan offers a few different flavors of gluten-free scoopable pita chips including:
- Cinnamon & Sugar
- Feta & Olive
- Multi-Grain with Chia
- Sea Salt
Toufayan Pita Chips Ingredients (Sea Salt)
Tapioca Starch, Water, Rice Flour, Chick Pea Flour, Potato Starch, Canola Oil, Sugar, Yeast, Sea Salt, Contains 2% Or Less Of The Following: Mid Oleic Sunflower Oil, CMC Gum, Xanthan Gum, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Corn Starch).
- Gluten free pita chips from Toufayan Bakeries - set of two 6 oz. bags
- These all natural vegan baked pita chips are delicious alone or paired with fresh fruit, your favorite cheeses, hummus, or your favorite dip
- Perfect for parties, cookouts, barbecues or your next superbowl party
- Gluten Free, Vegan, Non GMO, No Cholesterol or Trans-Fats pita chips
- Fresh, all natural and oven gluten free baked pita chips since 1926
Toufayan Pita Chips Nutrition Info
Serving Size: 9 Chips (28g)
Calories from Fat: 35
|Amount Per Serving||%DV *|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Toufayan Pita Chips Nutrition