Are Funyuns Gluten-Free?
Funyuns are manufactured by Frito Lay and yes, they are gluten-free. Frito Lay does not specifically test and certify Funyuns as gluten-free, but they do list them on on their list of products that do not contain gluten in any of their ingredients and they should be safe to eat.
According to Frito Lay, the following flavors do not contain gluten:
- FUNYUNS® Chile Limón Flavored Onion Flavored Rings
- FUNYUNS® FLAMIN’ HOT® Onion Flavored Rings
- FUNYUNS® Steakhouse Onion Flavored Rings
- FUNYUNS® Onion Flavored Rings
Funyuns Ingredients (Original)
Enriched Corn Meal (Corn Meal, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Corn, and/or Canola Oil), Salt, and less than 2% of the following: Corn Starch, Sugar, Corn Flour, Buttermilk, Maltodextrin (Made from Corn), Onion Powder, Monosodium Glutamate, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Dextrose, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors (Including Natural Toasted Onion Flavor), and Gum Arabic. Contains Milk Ingredients.
- Pack of forty 0.75 ounce bags
- Snacks with the zesty flavor of onion and a delicious crunch
- Gluten free and kosher
- These much loved treats are fun to enjoy at lunch, as an after-school snack, or party refreshment
- Easy to carry, easy to store, and easy to pack
Funyuns Nutrition Info
Serving Size: Around 13 Pieces (28g)
Calories from Fat: 60
|Amount Per Serving||%DV *|
|Total Fat 6g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber <1g||3%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Funyuns Nutrition
Img src: Frito-Lay North America, Inc.