Is Kix Cereal Gluten-Free?
Kix Cereal is manufactured by General Mills Inc. and yes, they are gluten-free. However, while it doesn’t have any ingredients that contain gluten, General Mills does not label their Kix Cereal products as gluten-free and they are not certified as gluten-free.
All varieties of Kix Cereal do not contain any ingredients with gluten in them including:
- Kix (Original)
- Berry Berry Kix
- Honey Kix
Kix Cereal Ingredients (Original)
Whole Grain Corn, Corn Meal, Sugar, Corn Bran, Salt, Brown Sugar Syrup, Baking Soda, Vitamin E Added to Preserve Freshness.
- CORN CEREAL: These crispy corn puffs are a good source of calcium and vitamin D to help build and maintain strong bones
- EASY BREAKFAST: This sweet, crunchy kids breakfast cereal is the perfect pantry staple for a wholesome start
- WHOLE GRAIN: With whole grain as the first ingredient, each serving provides 21g of whole grain (at least 48g recommended daily)
- KIDS SNACKS: Crispy corn puffs are a great addition to family mornings or any healthy snacks bag. Be sure to try every Kix Cereal flavor
- CONTAINS: One 12 oz cereal box of General Mills Kix Breakfast Cereal
Kix Cereal Nutrition Info
Serving Size: 1-1/4 cup (30g)
Total Calories: 110
Calories from Fat: 10
|Amount Per Serving||%DV *|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Other Carbohydrate 19g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Kix Cereal Nutrition
1 thought on “Is Kix Cereal Gluten-Free?”
Hi Ted! You are 100% correct… we are working on revamping our food list and by the end of the week it will show only certified gluten-free items as green… and those that might not contain gluten will be marked as yellow… depending upon your sensitivity level. Thanks for the feedback. We really do appreciate it, as it helps make this site better and safer for everyone.