Is Powerade Gluten-Free?
Powerade is manufactured by the Coca-Cola Company and yes, it is gluten-free.
There are a variety of Powerade flavors and they are all gluten-free:
- Mountain Berry Blast
- Fruit Punch
- Strawberry Lemonade
- White Cherry
- Tropical Mango
Powerade Zero is also considered gluten-free and comes in many different flavors as well:
- Mixed Berry
- Fruit Punch
Powerade Ingredients (Mountain Berry Blast)
Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Less Than .5% Of: Citric Acid, Salt And Magnesium Chloride And Calcium Chloride And Mono-Potassium Phosphate (Electrolyte Sources), Natural Flavors, Modified Food Starch, Calcium Disodium EDTA (To Protect Color), Medium Chain Triglycerides, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), Blue 1.
- POWERADE SPORTS FREEZER BARS – The future of electrolytes is here with the frozen POWERADE Sports Freezer Bars. When frozen, these frozen bars match the electrolyte levels of ready-to-drink POWERADE on a per ounce basis.
- ION4 ADVANCED ELECTROLYTE SYSTEM – Formulated with ION4 Advanced Electrolyte System and B Vitamins, POWERADE Sports Freezer Bars help replenish electrolytes that are lost in sweat.
- FREEZE & EAT – The frozen format of POWERADE Sports Freezer Bars is the perfect way to refuel after playing sports, exercising or enjoying outdoor activities so you can keep going strong. Simply place bars in freezer before activities & enjoy once frozen.
- PERFECT TO REFUEL – The large 70-count pack is ideal for stocking up the freezer or sharing with the entire team in organized sports. Plus, both the Mountain Berry Blast and Fruit Punch flavors are Kosher and gluten free.
- RECYCLABLE – POWERADE Sports Freezer Bars has partnered with TerraCycle recycling program to allow participants to collect and send in the empty freezer bar tubes to be recycled & used to make new products. Check out the TerraCycle website to learn more.
Powerade Nutrition Info
Serving Size: 12 oz
Total Calories: 80
|Amount Per Serving||%DV *|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||7%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Powerade also has sugar-free and zero calorie options.
Powerade is a sports drink brand manufactured and distributed by the Coca-Cola Company. It’s available in 12 different flavors within the U.S. such as Orange, Fruit Punch, Mountain Berry Blast, Lemon Lime, Blackberry and Grape among others. The product was first introduced in 1988. During this period it was also the main sports drink of the Olympics Games together with Aquarius, another sports drink from Coca-Cola.
In July 2001, the manufacturers launched a new Powerade formula featuring upgraded ingredients like vitamins B3, B6 and B12. These compounds play a significant role in converting food to energy. Around one year later, Coca-Cola also rebranded the bottles of their standard Powerade brand by introducing a new athlete-grip styling.
They further launched a new product line called Powerade Option in the U.S. as a response to Gatorade’s Propel which was gaining popularity at the time. Powerade Option is a low-carb sports drink that’s colorless and flavored with sucralose, acesulfame potassium and high-fructose corn syrup which provides sugar-conscious users with an alternative rehydration choice. In a recent survey, Powerade Option was given a 36% rating in the Fitness Water category.
Moreover, in 2007, Powerade Zero was introduced as an electrolytes sports drink containing no sugar, no carbohydrates, and no calories. Following its launch, the Powerade Option product line was consequently discontinued. A year later, Powerade was rebranded as Powerade ION4, a product containing four essential electrolytes in the same amount that’s normally lost in sweat.
In 2009, Coca-Cola bought Glaceau which is another brand of VitaminWater and gave control of the Powerade brand to its Glaceau managerial team. As for sponsorships, Powerade is the primary sports drink of NASCAR, the Australian rugby league, the NHRA, and the U.S. Olympic Team (apart from the Soccer and Basketball teams) among other organizations. Apart from America, Powerade is also available in various other countries around the world such as Australia, Iceland, Denmark, France, and Switzerland.