Is Squirt Gluten-Free?
Squirt soda is manufactured by Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. and yes, it is gluten-free. Remember to drink it in moderation!
There are are a lot of different flavors and they are all gluten-free, this includes the following varieties:
- Squirt Original
- Diet Squirt
- Ruby Red Squirt
- Diet Ruby Red Squirt
Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, And Contains 2% Or Less Of: Grapefruit Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Modified Corn Starch, Ester Gum, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Calcium Disodium EDTA (To Protect Flavor).
- LONG-LASTING BIKE LUBE: With the Squirt lube chain wax, a little goes a long way in cleaning lumped dirt & grime in bike chains. Our bicycle chain lube dries to a wax microfilm that repels water, dirt & mud, prolonging the life of chains.
- ALL-WEATHER PROTECTANT: Whether you ride on the gritty roads of Arizona, or the murky paths of So-Cal, this wax/water emulsion will protect your bike chains.
- SMOOTH & QUIET RIDES: Our dry lube bike chain wax prolongs the life of your drivetrain by reducing friction & improving shifting flow. Keep your bike running with a smooth & quiet drivetrain with zero chain suck with our bicycle chain lubricant!
- HASSLE-FREE APPLICATION: Prior to applying a coat of our bike chain lubricant, you can clean the chain with soap & water & let it dry instead of elaborate, time-intensive degreasing. Sole usage of the dry bike chain lube will last you months without having to clean!
- PLANET-FRIENDLY MAKING: The Squirt bike lube chain wax is free of PFAS & solvents & is biodegradable in its formulation. Our wax-based bike chain lube does not attract debris & keeps chains clean in all conditions, unlike regular oil-based lubricants
Squirt Nutrition Info
Serving Size: 1 Can (120z)
Total Calories: 140
Calories from Fat: 0
|Amount Per Serving||%DV *|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||13%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Squirt is a citrus-flavored, zero-caffeine, carbonated soda developed in 1938 in Phoenix, Arizona. At the time, America was deep into the Great Depression but Herb Bishop wasn’t frazzled by this occurrence. He set forth to develop a new carbonated soft drink and borrowed from the concept of Citrus Club, a popular non-carbonated soda at that time. The drink was intended to include less fruit and sugar compared to other sodas, as part of the company’s plan to outlast the Great Depression.
Bishop and his associate, Ed Mehren, knew they had to invest in advertisement and promotion in order to stand a chance in the competitive soft drink industry. In 1941, the two came up with a friendly brand character and dubbed him “Little Squirt” to represent the brand. This mascot’s appeal was instant and he expanded Squirt’s market base by attracting more consumers and sales alike. Currently, Squirt is the best-selling grapefruit beverage in the U.S. and one of the several brands sold under London-based Cadbury Schweppes Group’s umbrella. Schweppes was acquired as part of the Dr. Pepper & 7UP Company in 2000.
During its first years, Squirt sold well mainly because of its low sugar content and by mid-1970s it had already entered the Central and South American markets. In 1977, a Holland-based bottler, Brooks Products, bought Squirt from Bishop and Mehren. They revised Squirt’s brand logo and reconstituted it as a top mainstream soft drink.
A few years later, Squirt was purchased by A&W Beverages in 1986 and they made a commitment to promote the Squirt brand with exceptional advertising, marketing, innovation, and service. Under A&W’s mantle, Squirt went ahead to become the fastest-growing beverage brand in America. While this drink contains natural flavors, it has less than 1% grapefruit juice. Like many other soda brands in the market, Squirt’s packaging has regularly been changed over the years.
In 2008, they started offering Squirt Citrus Power which is a caffeinated, taurine-based soft drink that lacks concentrated grapefruit content. Today, the beverage is part of Plano which is an integrated refreshment soda business owned by Texas-based Dr Pepper Snapple Company. They market Squirt and other selected soft drink brands throughout North America.