Here is the complete Papa Murphy’s gluten-free menu. Papa Murphy’s by far has the best pizza out there when it comes to take and bake. I’ve tried them all, trust me. They now offer a gluten-free crust option and keto friendly (crustless) dish! Check out my review on their gluten-free pizza.
Papa Murphy’s Gluten-Free Menu 2021
Currently, there is only one type of gluten-free crust available and you can only get it in medium size. We will go over which toppings from their menu are safe to add to your delicious gluten-free pizza.
- Gluten-Free Pizza Crust (Medium Only)
- Ingredients: Water, tapioca starch, brown rice flower, canola oil, egg whites, dried cane syrup, tapioca syrup, tapioca maltodextrin, salt xanthan gum, yeast, cultured corn syrup, solids, and citric acid enzymes.
Papa Murphy’s also has Keto friendly pizzas availabe. These are without any crust in a dish. They also have takeaway freeze options for this!
- Cowboy (Keto Friendly)
- Papa’s All Meat (Keto Friendly)
- Papa’s Favorite (Keto Friendly)
- Chicken Bacon Artichoke (Keto Friendly)
- Gourmet Vegetarian (Keto Friendly)
- Herb Tomato Sauce
- Ketchup (limited areas)
- Marinara Sauce
- Original Pizza Sauce
- Sweet Chili Sauce
Cheese (All Cheeses are Gluten-Free)
- Artichoke Hearts
- Bacon (Crispy Only, Not Canadian)
- Banana Peppers
- Herb & Cheese Blend
- Olive Oil
- Olives (Black and Green)
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Don’t be afraid to let the staff know if you have a gluten intolerance so they can take the proper precautions before preparing your pizza such as changing gloves.
- There are some more ingredients not listed here that may not necessarily contain gluten, but may also have been contaminated due to the facilities that they are manufactured in. I’ve only listed ingredients that should not have any gluten in them at all. If you would like to look at the others, check out the source link below.
Papa Murphy’s History
Papa Murphy’s is a privately owned pizza chain based in Vancouver, Washington. They operate based on a take-and-bake formula, whereby customers purchase half-prepared pizzas that are baked in their oven at home. It all started in 1981 when Papa Aldo’s opened their first location in Hillsboro, Oregon. Three years later, a similar chain was established in Petaluma, California known as Murphy’s Pizza. Terry Collins, then living in Petaluma, bought Murphy’s which had 54 locations and Aldo’s later in 1988 consisting of 86 locations.
Collins combined the two chain restaurants as one in 1995, officially adopting the name Papa Murphy’s. Several years later, Barr, who previously served as the president and Chief Executive of The Valvoline Co. bought Papa Murphy’s restaurant chain in 2004. They reported a sales turnover of $630 million in 2009, translating to about a 7% increase per year at a time when other restaurant chains were reporting a decline in sales. Currently, it’s estimated that the company has achieved a sales turnover increase of 63% since its acquisition in 2004.
Papa Murphy’s operates 1,185 locations globally, with more than 500 employees nationally and 75 at the company’s headquarters. While all take-and-bake locations are run by the parent company, there are still 478 franchise owners found in 34 states across America and two Canadian provinces. The current owner of this restaurant chain is a firm know as Lee Equity Partners who are based in New York.
Apart from pizza, the company also offers other uncooked items such as lasagna, calzones, cookie dough and salads. These additional items firmly position the company in the competitive home meal replacement business. So far, the firm’s management has concentrated on Mid Western and West Coast states, shunning the larger urban centers in favor of much smaller communities. Their intention is to expand to other states once the model of Papa Murphy’s has taken a firm hold in places where marketing costs are affordable. Since its inception, the restaurant has grown immensely, making it the largest take-and-bake chain in the world, and the 6th largest pizza chain in general.
- Papa Murphy’s Allergen Menu
If this Papa Murphy’s gluten-free menu was helpful or if you find something inaccurate please let us know below.
Papa Murphy's Gluten-Free Menu
Papa Murphy’s has a great gluten-free pizza! And for takeout you pretty much can’t beat it. If you have Celiac have them wipe the counter down and change gloves. Baking it at home is much safer than the alternative Pizza Hut or Dominos gluten-free options.